Disc Golf shoes come in many forms, quality, and sizes. For the ladies, the best disc golf shoe women should have grip, be durable, comfortable, and stylish. That is why in this article, we have come up with a list of disc golf shoes that fit these categories.
It is no secret that the disc golf terrain is rough and uneven. When you spend most of your time on your feet in a game, the shoes you pick significantly impact how much you will enjoy the game.
Below we have selected a few shoes for review that we think are great. We have also put together a comprehensive buying guide that will help you better understand what to look for. Lastly, we have a brief guide on how to take care of your disc golf shoes and some FAQs as a bonus.
The best disc golf shoes for women
As ladies first, we are starting eith the best shoes for women. Here come the best quality and looking shoes to serve the ladies in disc golfing.
Adidas Women’s Tech Response Golf Shoe.
- The product comes in three colors; black, silver metallic, and gray five.
- Adidas Women’s Tech primary material is synthetic breathable and a synthetic sole
- It has a lace closure.
- It is Imported
- The shaft is considered a low-top from the arch.
- Leather upper is made from microfiber and a lightweight textile saddle.
- The cloud foam sock liner is lightweight with a heavy-duty adiwear outsole and a six-spike fintech outsole.
- The low-profile Thintech ensures that you are more grounded.
- It weighs approximately 10.8 ounces.
You can never go wrong with an Adidas sports shoe. They are well-known for producing quality shoes. These women’s tech response golf shoe is no exception.
The shoe features a stylish design with a smooth appearance. It incorporates spikes for added stability and grip on the field as you play. While the material might not be completely waterproof, you will not have soaking wet feet if you happen to come across some water.
If you are not that keen on colorful shoes, this product is perfect for you. It comes in three colors that are very subtle and generally easier to clean. The sole is designed with a cloud foam liner that absorbs shock while offering you great comfort and insole grip.
At 10.8 ounces, the shoes are lightweight enough to accommodate a full day of playing. Rest assured, you will not be dragging your feet at the end of a game. Overall, it is a great shoe that offers comfort and stability. Most buyers are pleased with this shoe.
- Very comfortable
- The insole is an excellent shock absorber.
- Rubber spikes for grip
● Does not fit wide feet
Adidas Women’s W Tech Response Golf Shoe
- It is made from microfiber leather or climastorm
- The sole is synthetic.
- The leather upper has microfiber material and water-resistant climastorm protection.
- It is imported
- The insole has cloud foam technology for comfort and cushioning.
- It features a six spike fintech outsole with heavy-duty adiwear to protect the shoe from abrasion and traction wear and tear.
- Suitable for a tour with emphasis on a wider forefoot giving you a better feel, comfort, and fit
- The low profile fintech gives better traction, stability, and durability.
- It weighs 3 pounds.
Whether you are a fan of feminine colors nor not, this shoe is a great pick. The ombre design is found in three colors to suit a variety of preferences.
One feature that is important in any sport is the comfort of the shoe. This Adidas Women’s W Tech Response golf shoe is designed with comfort in mind. The cloud foam insole is exceptionally cushioning, giving you the ultimate fit and comfort.
The one thing a right disc golf shoe must-have is perfect traction. Not only does grip help stabilize your feet, but it also powers your throw. We consider this shoe one of the best disc golf shoes for women because it possesses an excellent grip.
In terms of durability, this shoe is one of the best on the market. The Adiwear technology protects the shoe from abrasion and traction wear and tear. Furthermore, the water-resistant climastorm feature is an addition that we love. It means that you won’t get stuck with wet feet or socks if the weather suddenly changes.
By and large, this shoe is the right choice, especially for beginner disc golfers. It is stable, lightweight, stylish, and durable. What more could you ask for in a disc golf shoe?
- Good value for money
- Breathable and Waterproof
- Accommodates both thin and wide feet
Lacks good arch support
PUMA Women’s Ignite Blaze Sport Disc Golf Shoe
- It is made from synthetic and textile material with a synthetic sole
- The design has a shaft that is considered low-top from the arch.
- The comfort construction mesh boot is designed to improve support, stability, and comfort.
- It is imported
- A disc closure lace system gives you better performance ability by locking your foot in place without sacrificing comfort.
- The new ignite foam offers shock absorption and a lightweight feel.
- It has excellent grip traction.
- One year waterproof
- Round heel pocket design for a secure fit
- Deters toe spring for cleated performance
- No-lace style
If you are looking for a barefoot feel, this is the shoe for you. This Puma Women’s Ignite Blaze disc golf shoe is a perfect blend of sports and style. It comes in a wide range of five colors.
The non-lace style is perfect if you do not want to be bothered by undoing and tying laces. The shoe is so lightweight that some buyers report it feeling like you are walking barefoot.
The upper part of the shoe is made from a combination of synthetic leather and textile. This makes it a very durable and breathable shoe. The toe box is heavy-duty, but it does not squash your toe. There is plenty of wiggle room for your feet.
Most buyers love how lightweight and flexible the shoes are. The grip is lovely on any surface, including wet grass or slick rocks. The selling point of this shoe is the breathable material and the barefoot feel. It has a natural fit, and we recommend the shoe because it is a great choice.
- Barefoot feel
- No laces
- Great traction
- Very Comfortable
- Very narrow, not suitable for wide feet
- Thin insole
- Only the sole is waterproof; the top of the shoe gets slightly wet
Puma Golf Women’s PG Blaze Disc Golf-Shoes
- The shoe is made from leather with a rubber sole.
- The shaft is considered as a low-top from the arch.
- One year waterproof
- It features PWRCOOL technology.
- It comes in two colors, White-bright rose and White-puma silver.
- Rachet shoelace system
This shoe is the best disc golf shoes for women for its high-quality material. The leather material offers durability and comfort. You will have this shoe for a long time.
The shoe is arguably a little pricer than some of its counterparts on the market. This, however, points to a better quality shoe with some nice accessories and features. This Puma Golf Women’s PG Blaze disc golf shoe is one of our books’ current top competitors.
The design is very feminine and elegant, making it a great choice if you love feminine colors. What we love the most about this shoe is PWRCOOL technology. This is PUMA’s unique technology to keep cool and maintain your body temperature within an optimum range.
It is an excellent option if you are especially prone to experiencing sweaty feet. The last thing you need is to become extremely uncomfortable in your shoes very quickly while you play. The technology prevents any build-up of heat and odor, making cleaning the shoe a breeze.
The rubber sole spikes offer the stability that improves your throwing and putting game and your reflexes.
In the long run, you will find that a pricer shoe might be worth your while. These shoes are comfortable, stylish, strong, and breathable, all the things that make up a fantastic product.
- PWRCOOL technology
- Rubber sole
- Extremely durable
- Great fit and comfort
● A bit more pricer than other products
Salomon Women’s Speedcross 3 Trail Running Shoe (357)
- The material is 100% synthetic.
- It is imported
- The shoe features a rubber sole for improved stability.
- It features an upper that is breathable with protective material.
- The lacing system has a bungee style.
- The tongue and collar padding for maximum comfort and excellent arch support
- It features a 10 mm heel-to-toe drop.
- It also features an aggressive tread.
- Upper has an anti-debris mash
- It features a water-resistant textile.
If you prefer a shoe with a stylish design that will garner you some attention, then look no further. Featuring two distinct color choices; mystic purple/light grey/granny green and teal blue, you will stand out in a crowd.
As a multi-purpose shoe, we rank it as one of the best disc golf shoes for women in 2020. You can use it for disc golf, running and skiing. It is, therefore, value for money.
The shoe features unique count grip technology that is perfect for the uneven and rough disc golf field. The sensitive feature also offers comfort by ensuring that it cradles your feet, preventing unnecessary wiggling and slippage. This means that as you twist and turn during a game, your feet stay locked in place.
We love the quick lace bungee style system. It removes the potential hazard of tripping on your shoelace during play. Moreover, you don’t have to waste time tying and untying shoelaces the traditional way.
The toe cap provides sufficient protection as you play, so your toes are in no danger of hurt. Similarly, the rubber sole offers you stability and shock absorption so you can enjoy your game in relative comfort.
To sum up, we are confident that this is a shoe you will love because this is a shoe buyers love, and this is a shoe we love for undeniable reasons. The lack of negative reviews points to just how unique this product is.
- Multi-purpose use
- Great value for money
- Stylish and appealing design
- Huge range of sizes
- Easy to clean
● We could not find any cons for this product
KEEN Women’s Waterproof 2 Low Height Sockshosiery (359)
- Keen offers you a 100% waterproof shoe with nubuck leather.
- It is imported
- The sole is made of rubber.
- The shaft measures roughly three inches from the arch
- The boot opening has a circumference of about five inches.
- The material is waterproof, breathable, and cooling.
- It features a lug outsole that adds exceptional grip.
- The form is especially for a woman’s foot; it offers a permanent EVA footbed with padded arch support for additional comfort.
- Keen’s rubber outsole has excellent grip in any outdoor environment.
- The outsole rubber does not leave skid marks indoors.
- A cushioned collar that reduces friction and irritation on the ankle
- It features a stability shank for improved support, movement, and torsion control.
- Breathable mesh lining
If you are serious about your disc golf game, then this is your shoe. By far the most durable and comfortable shoe on our list, you will not be disappointed. Sucess on the disc golf field is dependent on a lot of things, your shoes being one of them.
This Keen product is a worthwhile investment. It comes in six subtle colors: brindle/mimosa, green, multi, brown, black, and magnet/periwinkle. We consider it one of the best multi-purpose sports shoes because of all its added features.
These disc golf shoes are from 100% leather. You will not part with them quickly. They are bought to stay. The (upper) of the shoe has anti-overheating material that helps your feet to keep cool. No stinking or sweaty feet with this shoe.
The toe box has rubber support that stalls any rapid deterioration or weathering. The rubber sole absorbs shock very well and keeps your feet stable as you twist and throw. Inside the shoe is an EVA footbed with a padded arch for maximum comfort. You will not get any heel or toe blisters with this beautiful product.
Given all these points, we have to admit that we are a bit biased towards this shoe. It is our recommended top pick.
- Stylish, subtle colors with a wide range of sizes
- Great sole and arch support
- 100% waterproof
- Great traction
How to take care of sports(disc golf) shoes
Before buying a pair of disc golf shoes, you must learn precisely how to care for them. After all, the better care you give your shoes, the longer they will last for you. The external and internal parts of your disc golf shoes all need specific care. Let’s take a look and how you can go about this with as minimal effort as possible.
The one thing that makes any shoe unbearable to wear is an odor. Despite some manufacturers, including cooling and breathable material in their design, your feet are bound to sweat.
These few steps below will help you keep any odor at bay no matter how little or how much your feet sweat.
1. Always ensure that you regularly remove the insoles and leave them to air dry. You can even make it a habit to do so after each game.
2. Placing some newspapers or paper towels inside your shoes has the same effect.
In addition to removing the insoles, where you keep your disc golf shoes is equally important.
Your storage space must have excellent ventilation, and it must be dry. Humid, moist environments are not very good, and they will contribute to odor build-up. Likewise, freezing areas can also damage the midsoles, so please keep that in mind.
The ideal storage environment is a dry, well-ventilated area that is not too hot or too cold.
Cleaning and Drying
How frequently you clean your disc golf shoes is dependent on your personal preferences. However, you must take note that some types of shoes require more cleaning than others. The following tips are useful for the durability of your shoes.
- 1. Always make sure you read the care tips that the manufacturer has provided either on their website or on the storage box itself. Some shoes need special cleaners like leather cleaner or conditioner.
- 2. For general cleaning, you can use a gentle brush to remove any dirt or debris with a mild soap.
- 3. Do not be tempted to use your washing machine. It will cause some damage to the structure of your shoe and melt any glue that has been used.
- 4. The dryer can be as damaging to the disc golf shoe structure as the washing machine.
- 5. It is best to let your shoes air dry, but if you are in a hurry, then maybe opt for using a hair blower on the lowest setting.
The Best disc golf shoes for women buying guide
It would help if you also kept in mind these factors when hunting for women’s best disc golf shoes. Please note this is by no means an exhaustive list, but we have tried our level best to ensure that we cover all the essential aspects that you need to look for.
There is no such thing as a shoe that can last forever. It is essential to realize the quality never be compromised. This is especially true for outdoor sports.
The possibility of injury is always a threat. So if you choose a shoe that cannot withstand the elements or protect you from thorns or nails, you will be disappointed.
This does not mean you should break the bank. However, ensuring that you look for a strong shoe is essential. Online reviews are an excellent place to start.
Traction and grip is everything. A shoe that allows moving around and still gives stability on any terrain is a good buy.
Examining the tread pattern at the bottom is an excellent way to gauge just how much grip you can expect to get.
The importance of the weight of your shoes cannot be overstated. The more lightweight disc golf shoes are better for flexibility and will not tire you out quickly.
Lightweight shoes are also great for beginners—those who are still getting used to the sport. Keep in mind that more massive shoes provide more protection against foot injuries and more stability.
Tracking around the disc golf field all day is not for the faint-hearted. Having an uncomfortable shoe will make the game unbearable even for disc golf fanatics.
A comfortable shoe with adequate arch cushioning and sole support is what you should go for. What you do not want is to go home with throbbing feet at the end of the day.
Besides style and colors, other factors to consider include; how breathable the fabric is and waterproof.
Your disc golf shoe must be somewhat waterproof as an outdoor sport if not completely 100% waterproof. Picture this; you are mid-way into a tour, and you somehow run into water. How miserable will the rest of your game be if your feet are wet and squishy? We can guess, pretty pathetic. The same said for hot sticky feet.
While the possibility will always exist of these two scenarios, you are better off with shoes well-designed to counter these occurrences.
The Best disc golf shoes for women FAQs
1. What kind of shoes are best for disc golf?
The best disc golf shoes must be waterproof and must give you grip and comfort. Those are the most important factors to consider.
2. Do I Need Waterproof Shoes?
You should purchase waterproof shoes. As an outdoor sport, you will encounter water at some point when you play disc golf. Most people get uncomfortable quickly with wet shoes. If, however, you will only be playing indoors, you can forgo waterproof shoes.
3. Are spikeless disc golf shoes worth it?
No, they are not. The grip of your shoe is essential in disc golf. Spikeless shoes increase the risk of you slipping as you play. The disc golf field is very rough and uneven.
4. What do I wear if I don’t have disc golf shoes?
If you have any hiking shoes for outdoor sports, you can wear those.
5. Can I wear disc golf shoes off the course?
Yes, you can, but just keep in mind that spiked shoes are not level, and you might be a little elevated from the ground. If you have spikeless disc golf shoes, you can wear them off the course as casual wear.
6. Do you need disc golf shoes?
If you are going to play the sport might as well have the proper attire. There is a reason specially design specific shoes are manufactured for disc golf. So yes, you need disc golf shoes.
7. Is it illegal to play disc golf barefoot?
Yes, it is not allowed to play with bare feet.
8. What is proper disc golf attire for ladies?
The following attire is appropriate for women:
- — A shirt that covers the upper chest area
- — The shirt needs well-tailored with a collar and sleeves. It must cover the upper arm
- — No tank tops or tee shirts allowed
- — Women can wear sleeveless shirts with collars
- — A well-tailored one-piece tennis dress in a minimum one-inch-wide shoulder strap is acceptable.
9. Do pro disc golfers wear spikes?
Most pro disc golfers do wear spikes. They offer outstanding grip and support.
10. What is the advantage of disc golf shoes?
Disc golf shoes are mainly designed for golf sport. They offer you comfort, stability, and grip, all the things you need to be a successful disc golfer.
Find the best backpack straps here.
Finding the right quality disc golf shoe is difficult. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, the four things that make up the right shoe do not change.
For the most part, the best disc golf shoe for women should offer you grip and comfort, and the material must be breathable and waterproof. That said, our favorite picks are the Salomon Women’s Speed cross 3 Trail Running Shoe and the KEEN Women’s Waterproof 2 Low Height Socks hosiery, simply because of the quality and comfort you will get.
It comes down to preference, but at least now you know what to lookout.We wish you a happy shopping experience in a disc golf shoe.