The best disc golf starter sets for beginners include everything you need to start with disc golf. Moreover, the starter set is great if you want to improve your game.
If you are a beginner and confused about, what’s a starter set? And which one should I buy? This confusion is a lot of brands and a lot of disc types in the market. In all these choices, you can get confused easily. So here, starter sets help. The best disc golf starter set includes different types of disc for beginners. With a starter set, you can try other discs in your game and isolates your favorite kind of discs from all the options.
The Best disc golf starter sets for beginners
However, it is necessary to pick the best starter set that helps you in your game. And here, we will advise you to look at all listed starters set here to find the best option for your game.
1. Dynamic Discs Prime Bursts Disc Golf Starter sets.
Here we will start our review of the best disc golf starter sets with the D.D Dynamics Disc brand’s starter kit. The starter kit of the brand is excellent in design, distribution, and innovation. Here we have a total of 5 discs in this kit, which are perfect for new players. Let’s get into the features of this starter set of disc golf.
● The starter set comes with five popular discs from the Dynamic disc brand. Moreover, these five discs come along with a burst min. 5 discs include prime burst Maverik, Trespass, escape EMAC truth, and Judge.
● The 5 discs have everything that you need to head to the disc golf course, and World Champions handpick these discs.
● The discs are a perfect choice for accurate and straight shots, and these discs also qualified as discs of the year in 2013. So, these discs are the first choice of the world champions of disc golf.
● If you are a beginner and want to achieve a full flight, then the Maverick disc is an excellent choice for you. Furthermore, Trespass is ideal for all level players.
● Customer rating: 4.7*
An excellent choice for all levels of players
You can drive fast, slow, high, low as you want it to be.
● The colors are a little dull so that you may face low visibility issues.
1. Innova Disc Golf Starter Set.
Here is a starter set for frisbee golf from Innova brand with five discs and there are a total of 6 colors available in this kit. The colors include Aviar, Roc3, Leopard, TeeBird, Destroyer, and stars mini.
● Innova disc golf starter set is beginner-friendly, and the discs are lightweight with variant colors. The weight varies between 160-180 g.
● There are popular discs in the set that are great if you want to play from the get-go. Furthermore, all the disc models in the set are best to start with your game and for improvement of the game.
● Moreover, the set will help you to make perfect shots and reliable approaches. They are great for putters again and again.
● The starter set disc is excellent for distance drivers, fairway drivers, mid-range disc, and perfect for putt and approach.
Visible color range
● The starter set is not so great for beginners, but it is perfect if you are an intermediate player.
2. Dynamic Discs 3 disc Prime Burst Starter Set.
Here we have a starter set from Dynamic discs, which have three prime Burst discs. The starter set has everything that you need to head towards the course. The starter set will help you much if you are a new player and improve your game.
● This is the best disc golf starter set for beginners and comes along with everything to play disc golf.
The weight of discs ranges from 170-176g, and the colors will vary for each disc.
● The starter set has everything that you need to head towards the course. The starter set will help you much if you are a new player and improve your game.
● All three discs are different from each other in some way. However, all discs have a burst unique pattern. Some discs have vibrant and bright burst patterns, and others have subtle burst patterns.
● These dynamic discs are great for offering the most consistent flying disc.
● Midrange and putter work well.
Great for beginners
● The quality of plastic is durable.
● The colors are not so vibrant.
3. Westside Disc Origin Burst Disc Golf starter Set.
There are five most popular discs in the starter set of Westside disc origo burst disc golf starter sets. The five discs include origo burst underworld, king, Queen, Warship, Crown, and a mini marker.
● It is an excellent beginner starter set for new players of disc golf. The starter set comes along with everything that you need to play and improve your game.
● The whole set includes a warship manager, a stable crown putter, and a fairway driver.
● The discs are made with plastic that feels great on the touch and easy to throw. Moreover, the plastic quality is affordable, and everyone can get these inexpensive discs to try out.
● The manufacturer guarantees a 100% money-back guarantee if you don’t like color or anything about their discs.
● The weight of the discs ranges between 170-176g, and color will vary.
● Right beginner disc set at affordable price
● Money-back guarantee
● We found there are some complaints from customers about receiving pink color discs. So if you hate pink, then you should be careful about the color of the discs.
4. Innova Disc Golf Starter Set.
The complete set of Innova starter sets includes one putter, one driver, and one Midrange. Innova’s starter set is the most popular set of discs known for a high level of performance and comfortable grip in all kinds of weather.
● There are different features for all three discs. Driver; is perfect for getting maximum distance off the tee. Midrange; ideal for control and accuracy of shots in vast arrays. Putter; specially designed for accurate throws into targets.
● All discs are made of Dx plastic, which is budget and weight friendly for beginners.
All discs have approval for quality from PDGA.
● The color and weight of every disc will vary from others.
● The discs provide a comfortable grip and help in the improvement of the game with their high performance.
Affordable and best disc golf starter set for new players
● Great for throwing
Great quality and lightweight
● Variant colors
● Can be outgrown easily
5. D.D Dynamic Discs Latitude 64-degree SPZ Disc Golf Starter Set
The disc golf set from latitude 64 degrees includes a midrange pirate, superhero driver, and a zombie putter. All three discs are perfect tools to dominate a disc course.
● The starter set is designed in this way that it provides the maximum distance to new players. The disc golf starter set includes SPZ23, SPZ22, SPZ21.
● SPZ23 is a superhero driver, and the disc will save you on the tee pad.
● SPZ22 is a midrange, and the disc is all about getting closer to the target and control over the game. Moreover, the midrange disc is designed perfectly in a balanced way, and it will sail smoothly to the basket.
● The SPZ21 zombie putter is slightly slower than the other two discs, but it is useful in closer distance. The Zombie disc is designed in the way that its natural distinction is to go straight for the target.
● The three discs are of a lightweight vase plastic, and the colors are variant. There is the blue color for the driver for Midrange, there is red color, for putters, there is a foil color.
● The weight of the three discs is a little more than -149g.
● All three discs fly very well.
Durable plastic ensures a good quality of the material.
● The discs will improve the distance off the tee.
● These discs are super lightweight, so there is a chance of damage.
6. Latitude 64 Retro Burst Disc Golf Starter Set.
There are three discs in this latitude 64 Retro Burst disc golf starters set. The types of 3 powerful discs include keystone, Fuse, and Saint.
● There are three most popular discs from Latitude 64, and all three discs vary in color and weight.
● Many professionals handpick the three discs, so you can go to the course with confidence while holding this frisbee golf starter set. All three discs have different features that will help you in the improvement of your game.
● The keystone putter disc is excellent for straight flying, the Fuse is versatile, and the Saint fairway driver is controllable.
Retro plastic is used in the manufacturing of this starter set that could be broken in more easily.
● There is a 100% money-back guarantee from the manufacturers if you don’t like anything about this starter set.
● The weight range for all three discs is 170-176g with variant colors.
● Durable material of discs
● The product is fantastic, and we don’t find any con with the product.
7. Kestrel Discs Golf Pro set.
Here we have a com[lete set for playing disc golf from Kestrel disc golf. The pro set includes three different popular discs and one small bag.
● The pro set includes three discs, including a sweet shoulder bag. The discs are Midrange, putter, and fairway driver.
● The bag has enough capacity; you can store up to 12 different discs and carry your water bottle.
● All three discs are approved by PDGA and made with flexible plastic. The main feature of flexible plastic is it is durable, and it provides the bend and distance you need in your game.
● The weight of the discs is 172 grams, with perfect accuracy and flexibility.
● PDGA approved
● A small bag
● The driver speed is a little high and not suitable for beginners.
8. Dynamic discs Disc Golf Starter Set.
The starter set is from a dynamic discs brand, which is known for its excellent quality discs. The disc golf starter set is a complete starter set with a cadet backpack.
● The backpack can hold up to 17 discs in its main compartment. Furthermore, two additional pockets are perfect for holding your other accessories for the game. Moreover, the backpack is lightweight and compact.
● The three discs include Dynamic Discs, Prim Burst Judge, Truth, and escape. Moreover, the complete set also includes a dynamic disc mini marker.
● Truth disc is very accurate, straight flying, and comfortable.
The judge disc is a great putter and approach shots very well and with a straight finish.
● Escape Disc is excellent for all level players and knows for its power and distance.
● Beautiful backpack
● Great price
● The bag is not rigid.
9. Deluxe Disc Golf Set.
The Deluxe disc golf set includes two drivers, one putter, one Midrange, and a disc golf bag. Furthermore, all four discs have different colors, models, stamps, and plastic.
● The disc golf starter set includes four discs and one disc golf bag.
● The starter set is for all level players as well as all skill levels.
All the discs are made with excellent quality, and PDGA standards officially approve it.
● The plastic quality of every disc may vary. However, all discs are beginner-friendly and have a high-quality performance on the disc golf course.
● Great disc golf starter set for beginners
● The starter set comes along with a disc golf bag.
● The quality of the bag is a little low.
10. Discraft Starter Pack Beginner Disc Golf Set.
The Discraft starter set includes three popular discs in its starter set. The collection consists of a putter, a midrange, and a driver disc.
● The midrange disc flies enormously, and you can use it in most conditions. Furthermore, the Midrange is the type of disc that can even use off the tee.
● The putter disc is a great finish disc. It is known for its straight flight and accuracy.
● The driver disc is known for power and distance.
All three discs are PDGA approved.
● Moreover, this starter set is perfect for all skill levels of players.
● The plastic material and color of every disc is variant.
Three popular discs at a great price
● The material of all the discs is excellent.
● The color of all three discs is vibrant and provides maximum visibility.
● The packaging of the disc is insufficient.
Buying Guide for best disc golf starter set
Now, if you are looking for the best disc golf starter set for you or your beloved ones, then it’s necessary to take a look at some points that you need to consider before making a final decision. We will discuss all these points in our buying guide for the best disc golf starter set. Interested! Continue reading …
If you are a beginner, then the disc golf disc’s speed should be your priority to look at. Many of us make mistakes while picking fast speed discs at the beginning of their game. However, we recommend that you always start from low to medium speed discs. The reason for wanting to medium speed is that such discs can be controlled quickly and improved the game at the beginner level.
Stability / Understability/ overstability of discs
If you are a skill level player, you can choose between stable, understandable, and any disc. However, if you are a beginner, we recommend trying your game with understandable and stable discs. The reason is overstable discs are much difficult to control and difficult to throw also. On the other hand, understandable and stable discs require less power and excellent control. Moreover, these discs also fly correctly and easy to throw.
The other thing to look for is the weight of the disc golf discs. The main difference between lightweight and heavyweight discs is that lightweight discs are easy to throw and require less power. On the other hand, heavyweight discs require more energy to throw. As a beginner, you can take help from a lightweight disc as they are easy to throw and get a reasonable distance. So as a beginner, start with lightweight and with time, give a try to different weight discs.
Plastic material durability
It is recommended to give a try to mixed durability. This thing will help you get a better knowledge of different types of plastic and their break-in. As we know, each kind of plastic has a different kind of grip. Furthermore, there are differences in flying for each kind of plastic disc. The plastic material with high durability is excellent for longer-lasting features. However, this material takes longer to break in. On the other hand, the grip for higher durable plastic is also less than low durable plastic. So if you want a comfortable throw, a stronger grip, and fast break-in, then soft, durable plastic will be recommending and vice versa.
Q. What are the best disc golf starter sets for beginners?
1. Beginners have to develop their pace and control on disc for throwing smoothly. There are some most popular discs for new players: putter, driver, Midrange, Fuse, king, queen, Judge, Aviar, and leopard. The five-pack disc golf starter set is the best choice for beginners to develop their skills.
Q. Do heavier-weight discs fly farther?
1. Generally, a heavier disc can’t fly farther than the lighter weight discs. But in disk golf, as disc should go farther and should go toward the aim, so the disc which is heavier has more stability, and if the throw is tricky, it will go farther and hit the aim.
Q. How many discs should a beginner have?
1. You can try a different type of disc and find the disc that suits you best, there are many types of discs, but you have to start with three following discs: Putter, driver, and Midrange. It will help you with a good start and develop your skills and pace of throwing.
Q. What does flippy mean in disc Golf?
1. Flippy is a common term in disc golf; It is used for an understandable disc. The understandable disc is a disc that tends to form right when thrown with a flat RHBH throw. It is the same motion as a tennis forehand shot. Moreover, understable discs consider as an excellent choice for easy throw and incredible control.
Q. What is the Golden rule of disc golf?
1. The golden rule of disc golf is, “don’t waste your time needlessly, and with your anger, do not bring the group down, and you will get an invitation quickly and accepted to join them again.”
It is considered as a golden rule of disc golf. However, this rule applies to many aspects of our lives as well.
Without a doubt, disc golf is one of the emerging games of this decade. So if you want to start to disc golf, then, believe me, it is great fun. And the best disc golf starter set is an excellent choice as it is super beneficial and cheap. So we recommend that you don’t waste your time and money on trying different discs separately. Just grab the best disc golf starter set and have a blast. It will be great fun.